Summer Salsa with a Shot
Spice up your salsa with a cheeky shot of tequila for a refreshing change.
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus additional for seasoning
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1/4 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed and minced (with seeds for more heat)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 to 2 tablespoons silver tequila (optional)
- White corn tortilla chips, for dipping
Smash the garlic clove, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the salt, and, with the flat side of a large knife, mash and smear the mixture to a coarse paste. Mix the garlic, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, and coriander in a serving bowl. Add the tequila, if desired, and season with the remaining salt, adding more to taste if necessary.
Serve immediately or cover with cling film and set aside for one hour at room temperature. Serve with the tortilla chips.