Sweet couscous with nuts and dried fruit
- 580ml water
- 100g caster sugar
- 40g dried cranberries
- 60g dried apricots, chopped
- 40g dried cherries, chopped
- 500g couscous
- 60g coarsely chopped toasted slivered almonds
3) Stir in the couscous and remove the pan from the heat. Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid until the couscous has absorbed all of the cooking liquid, about 5 to 7 minutes.
4) Using a fork, fluff the couscous to break up any lumps. Add the almonds and hazelnuts and toss. Spread the mixture evenly on a baking tin until completely cooled, about 10 minutes.
5) Transfer the couscous to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
6) Serving suggestion, drizzle the couscous with 60ml of extra-virgin olive oil for a moister texture.