Sweet rice krispy treats
Recipe by:Food Network Kitchens
- 45g unsalted butter
- 1 (280g) bag marshmallows
- 1.5kg rice krispies
- 50g dried cranberries or raisins, optional
- 2 Tbsp sesame or sunflower seeds, optional
Serves: about 24 bars, depending on shapes1) Spray a 33cm x 23cm baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2) Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Quickly stir in the marshmallows and cook until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3) Stir in cereal, and dried fruit and seeds if using, until well-coated and combined. Spray a rubber spatula or wooden spoon with nonstick cooking spray and press mixture evenly into pan.
4)Cool and cut into 5 x 5cm squares or use cookie cutters to cut into playful shapes. Pack in an air-tight container.