Looking for a pancake recipe? Add grated courgette for a savoury twist.
- 2 medium courgettes (about 375g)
- 2 tbsp grated red onion
- 2 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 to 8 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Unsalted butter and vegetable oil
2) Stir in 6 tbsp of the flour, the baking powder, salt and pepper. If the batter gets too thin from the liquid in the courgette, add the remaining 2 tbsp of flour. Heat a large (26 to 30-cm) saute pan over a medium heat and melt 1/2 tbsp of butter and 1/2 tbsp of oil together in the pan.
3) When the butter is hot but not smoking, lower the heat to medium-low and drop heaped soup spoons of batter into the pan. Cook the pancakes for about 2 minutes on each side, until browned.
4) Place the pancakes on a sheet pan and keep warm in the oven. Wipe out the pan with a dry paper towel, add more butter and oil to the pan, and continue to fry the pancakes until all of the batter is used. The pancakes can stay warm in the oven for up to 30 minutes. Serve hot.