- 1 cup uncooked bulgur wheat, cooked according to package instruction and cooled
- 400g cherry tomatoes, quartered lengthways
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, including the green part, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, cored and diced, cored to remove softer parts
- 4 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried spearmint
- For the Dressing
- 1 teaspoon good quality harissa paste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, pinch for taste
- For the Garnish
- 50g flaked almonds, toasted
1. Bring 2 cups of salted water to a boil, add 1 cup bulgar wheat, bring it to the boil get the lid on and simmer for 10 minutes. The water evaporates.
2. Make the dressing: Separately mix together the harrisa, lemon juice, oil, sugar, salt and pepper to make the dressing.
3. Toast the almonds.
4. Prepare the vegetables and herbs and add to a bowl: quarter the tomatoes, slice the onion, chop the spring onions, dice the pepper, dice the cucumber, chop the herbs and add the dried mint.
5. Add the now cooked and cooled bulgar wheat to the vegetables and mix.
6. Drizzle over the dressing and toss combine again.
7. Tip onto round platter in a mountain shape.
8. Garnish with toasted flaked nuts.