Kung Pao Snow Peas
- 1 tablespoon peanut or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 large sweet onion, such as Vidalia or Maui, thickly sliced
- 8 ounces mangetout, ends trimmed (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup bottled all-natural kung pao, shiitake soy ginger or other low-sodium stir-fry sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted roasted peanuts or cashews
Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat and add the oil. Add the onions and stir-fry until just wilted, about 30 seconds. Add the snow peas and stir-fry until nearly crisp-tender, about 2 minutes more. Add the sauce and stir-fry to coat, about 1 minute.
Transfer to a platter or large bowl, sprinkle with the nuts and serve.
Per serving: Calories: 131; Total Fat: 6 grams; Saturated Fat: 1 gram; Protein: 5 grams; Total carbohydrates: 14 grams; Sugar: 8 grams; Fiber: 3 grams; Cholesterol: 0 milligrams; Sodium: 357 milligrams