Vegan Basil Pesto
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup smoked almonds
- 1/3 cup shelled lightly salted roasted pistachios (from about 3/4 cup shell-on)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened green tea, chilled or at room temperature
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Serves: 8 servings (Makes 1 cup)
Add the basil, almonds, pistachios, tea, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt and lemon zest to a food processor. Cover and pulse a few times.
Drizzle in the oil while pureeing; continue to process until the mixture makes a coarse pesto. Add salt to taste.
Copyright 2014 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.