Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plain soy milk yoghurt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened smooth applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons demerara sugar
Preheat the oven to 175°C. Line a 12-muffin tin with paper liners and lightly coat with cooking spray.
Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl. Whisk the brown sugar, yogurt, almond milk, oil, applesauce and vanilla together in a medium bowl.
Gently fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture with a rubber spatula. Just before the batter comes together, fold in the blueberries (it's OK if there are some lumps in the batter). Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins evenly with the demerara sugar. Bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 24 minutes. Let cool in the pan for a few minutes, then remove and cool completely on a rack. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Copyright 2014 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.