Harissa Tzatziki Dip
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved and seeded
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- Freshly ground black pepper
Serves: Makes 1 1/2 cups
Grate the cucumber on the large holes of a box grater and place in a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth fitted over a bowl. Salt the cucumber and let it sit 10 minutes. Thoroughly squeeze out any excess moisture using the cheesecloth or a towel.
Add the drained cucumber to a bowl with the yogurt, harissa, lemon juice, honey, garlic and some pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Recipe courtesy of Jeff Mauro