- 470ml natural yoghurt (full-fat or semi-smimmed)
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled and seeded
- 1 tbsp salt, plus 1/2 tsp
- 125ml soured cream
- 1 tbsp Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp good olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh dill
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
2) Transfer the thickened yoghurt to a large bowl. Squeeze as much liquid from the cucumber as you can and add the cucumber to the yoghurt. Mix in the soured cream, vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, dill and 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
3) You can serve it immediately, but I prefer to allow the tzatziki to sit in the refrigerator for a few hours for the flavours to blend. Serve chilled or at room temperature.