- 200g fresh salmon fillet flaked
- 200g smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp crème fraiche
- 1 tsp creamed horseradish
- ½ lemon juice
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp chives
- ½ tbsp dill
- Sprig dill for garnish
For the Pickled Cucumber:
- ½ cucumber peeled and finely
- 200ml white wine vinegar
- 75g sugar
For the Melba Toast:
- 2 white bread
How to make Smoked Salmon Rillette with Pickled Cucumber
In a large bowl mix all the ingredients for the salmon rillette and season with salt. Spoon into 4 x 200ml kiln jars. Smooth the surface of the rillette with the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge until ready to serve. To pickle the cucumber, warm the vinegar and sugar until the sugar dissolves. When cool add the cucumber. Leave in the liquid for one hour.
To make the Melba toast, toast the bread, cut off the crusts,in half to obtain two thin squares, place the cut size on a board and gently rub against the board to remove the excess bread. Cut in half diagonally, place on a tray and leave in a low oven for ten minutes. To serve, place a few of pickled cucumber on the rillette, garnish with a sprig of dill and serve with the Melba toast.
Inactive prep. time: 1 hour.
- Tuna tartare
- Cranberry and Clementine Fizz
- Smoked salmon tea sandwiches
- Hot-smoked salmon and chipotle crem...
- Citrus-cured Salmon
- Raw oysters on the half shell with ...
- Smoked salmon and egg salad tartine...
- Bagels with smoked salmon and white...
- Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
- Smoked salmon
- Smoked salmon and cucumber tartine
- Smoked haddock with seared scallops...