- 2 brown basmati rice
- 4.50 water
How to make A More Nuanced Sweet & Sour Chicken
- Rinse brown rice gently as you bring water to a boil.
- Add rice to boiling water.
- Cover tightly with lid, set to simmer, and set timer for 45 minutes.
- Mix vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and salt. Set aside.
- After the rice has been cooking for 30 minutes, begin making your chicken.
- Heat about 3 cups peanut oil in a large wok, saucepan or deep fryer. It is ready when it almost begins to smoke or at 375°F.
- Dip chicken in the egg, and roll in cornstarch.
- Add part of the meat, one piece at a time. Stir a little to keep the pieces from sticking together. Do not crowd your pan--cook in batches if you must.
- Fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a baking dish lined with paper towel.
- Frying the chicken should take about 15 minutes, and by this time, you will need to remove the rice from the heat. DO NOT OPEN YOUR RICE; just sit it back on a cold burner and let it be for 15 minutes.
- Saute garlic briefly in 3 T oil, making sure not to burn the garlic.
- Add cayenne pepper, green pepper, green onion, pineapple, and meat. Stir well.
- Sprinkle in wine; stir in the sauce mixture you made earlier. Bring mixture to boil.
- If the sauce seems too thick, you may add some of the reserved pineapple juice and bring to a boil again. Taste for seasoning and acidity--add more vinegar for more sour, and more pineapple juice or sugar for additional sweetness.
- Mix 2t cornstarch with 4t water, and cook until the mixture is somewhat thick and clear.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Ching's Yangzhou fried rice
- Sweet and Sour Fish Fillets
- Sweet and sour pork
- Spicy Soy Ribs with Sweet and Sour....
- Sweet and sour braised brisket
- Healthy sweet and sour king prawn s...
- Sweet and Sour Soy Pork Buns
- Honey-glazed Duck Breast with Sweet...
- Fast hot and sour noodle soup
- Savory Sour Chicken Noodle Soup
- Sweet and sour chicken
- Guy's spicy Spanish rice