- 3 lbs roast
- 1 to taste salt & pepper
- 0.25 breadcrumbs
- 0.25 flour
- 0.50 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 low sodium beef broth
- 2 beef broth
- 1 water
- 0.50 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaf
- 4 garlic clove
- 0.50 onions
- 0.50 baby carrots
- 10.50 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 0.25 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 to taste cooking spray
How to make A Roast That Even My Daughter Would Eat
- Mix the flour, bread crumbs, & paprika in a large storage bag.
- Cut the roast into 2 inch thick strips, lengthwise (you should get around 6 strips).
- Lightly sprinkle the strips with salt & pepper.
- Place 2 strips at a time in the bag & shake to coat.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan & brown the strips on all sides, roughly 5 minutes total.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the broth into the frying pan & gently rub the bottom to remove any bits.
- Then add the broth, water, thyme, bay leaves, garlic, onions, & carrots to the roasting pan & stir.
- Next place the strips into the pan & cover with a lid.
- Cook in the oven for 2 hours, checking halfway through to make sure the liquid is not gone.
- After that time, remove the strips & bay leaves from the pan then add in the cream of mushroom & pepper, stir.
- Turn the heat down to 250, place the strips back in the pan & continue to cook for 1 hour.
- Serve hot over mashed potatoes.
- Note: I mashed the carrots & garlic into sauce to add flavor to the gravy.
(Courtesy of Food.com)