Made this? How was it?
For the baked stuffed apples:
- 6 medium apples
- 2 wedges lemon
- 75g , softened
- 220g dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp freshly or ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g walnut pieces
- 70g plain flour
- 25g porridge oats
For the stuffed tomatoes:
- 2 tins Italian tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked
- 1 tin artichoke hearts in water, drained and
- 2 ribs celery,
- 1/2 medium red onion,
- 50g pitted kalamata olives, a couple of handfuls,
- 15g flat-leaf parsley, a handful
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 6 vine ripe tomatoes, red, yellow, or mixed
For the stuffed courgettes:
- 1 (435g) can chick peas, drained
- 2 roasted red peppers, drained
- 225g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, cracked from skin
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and coarse black pepper
- 2 medium courgettes, washed
How to make A stuffed picnic
1) Preheat oven to 210C/Gas 7.
2) Trim a thin off of the bottom of each apple. Cut the tops off apples and trim away skin of tops of apples, trim should be 1.5cm wide. Hollow out the apples with a small paring knife, carving out a cavity for the filling. Rub the tops and cavities with wedges of lemon to retard browning.
3) Combine , sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, nuts, flour and oatmeal in a bowl -- mixture should be crumbly -- and then pack into apples. Place apples in a shallow baking dish and add 1cm of water to the dish. Bake apples 17 to 20 mins, until filling bubbles and apples are tender but not soft. Remove from oven. Serve warm or room temperature.
4) For stuffed tomatoes, mix tuna and next 7 ingredients to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cut a thin off the bottom of each tomato to stabilize it. Seed and hollow out the tomato with a spoon over garbage bowl. Season tomatoes with salt and pepper, then fill with salad, mounding the tuna up. The tomatoes are ready to serve or chill.
5) For courgettes, combine chick peas and next 4 ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Cut each courgette in half lengthwise. Hollow out seeds, making room for filling, using a soup spoon. Fill courgette with chick pea and red pepper cheese using a rubber spatula. Cut the courgette into 5cm pieces.
- Mexican courgette oven chips
- Grilled roasted red peppers stuffed...
- Tuna and vegetable salad
- Sauteed mini vegetable medley
- Stuffed young courgette
- "For-pitas-sake" salad
- German-style oven chips
- Paprika parsley potatoes
- Red white beans
- Orzo with chick peas
- Mum's potato salad with pimento and...
- Sweet beetroot dressed slaw