- 2 honeydew melon
- 2 crenshaw melon
- 2 watermelon
- 2 cantaloupe
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 to taste sparkling white wine
- 1 toasted almonds
- 1 to taste fresh mint leaves
How to make A Summertime Melon Medley
- Begin by making sure your melons are ripe.
- Peel, seed and cube the melons into bite size chunks, or use a melon baller; place in a large bowl.
- Add brown sugar, ginger, lime juice, lime zest; gently toss.
- Cover and chill at least one hour for best flavor.
- To serve: Toss before placing melon in dessert dishes. If desired, fill dishes with very cold sparkling white wine and garnish with mint leaves and toasted almonds.
- Cook's Tip: (1) Choose melons that are free of cuts, dents and bruises. (2) Store uncut melons in a cool place. Cut fruit should be refrigerated.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Thornton melon-ball
- Raspberry-melon gelatine royale
- Margarita melon salad
- Green melon with lime and lemon sor...
- Watermelon and cantaloupe salad wit...
- Watermelon, lime and mint granita
- Melon and mint slush
- Pear and Melon Cocktail
- Watermelon and crab salad
- Rocket, watermelon and feta salad
- Sauteed mini vegetable medley
- Sauteed vegetable medley