- 2 large onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 0.50 yellow split peas
- 5 water
- 2 ground beef
- 1 basmati rice
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives
- 0.67 fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 large garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons fresh mint
- 1 to taste salt and black pepper
- 1 to taste yogurt
- 1 to taste naan bread
How to make Aash-E Shalgham (Beef and Herb Soup)
- Chop one onion and saute in oil until golden brown. Add turmeric, peas and water.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Grate the second onion and mix into the ground beef. Form ground beef and onion mixture into small walnut sized balls and add to simmering soup mixture.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the rice, parsley, cilantro, chives and spinach.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. The rice should be tender at this point.
- Melt butter and stir fry the garlic for 2-3 minutes making sure it does not burn.
- Add the mint, giving it a quick stir and then sprinkle over the soup. Serve.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Pho Bo (Beef Noodle Soup)
- Grilled courgette rolls with herbs....
- Salisbury steak with wild mushroom....
- Roasted aubergine with garlic and h...
- Herb-roasted onions
- Herbed Toasted Pitta Salad
- Herbed new potatoes
- Calypso beef soup (nuevo Latino bee...
- Spaghetti frittata
- Pork gyros with yoghurt-tomato sauc...
- Pork gyros with yogurt-tomato sauce...
- Provencal vegetable soup