2) In another medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using a hand mixer. Add egg and beat to incorporate. Add milk, almond extract, and lemon zest.
3) Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in the almonds, then the blueberries. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4) Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
5) Using two small spoons, dollop mix onto cookie sheets. Bake until golden brown around the edges, about 15 minutes.
6) Cool the cookies on a wire rack. Save in a storage container to take to the picnic.