Made this? How was it?
- 2 egg whites
- Pinch coarse salt
- 65g sugar, eyeball it
- 175g dessicated coconut
- 1 tsp almond essence, eyeball it
- 1/4 tsp or ground nutmeg
- 25g plain flour
- 9 glace red cherries, halved
- 25g almonds
How to make Almond snowballs
1) Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4.
2) In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites and salt to soft peaks, then add sugar and beat again until peaks are stiff. Beat in almond flavouring. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir in half of the coconut. Sprinkle in the nutmeg and flour, stir, then fold in the remaining coconut.
3) Using a melon baller or other small scoop, or working with 2 spoons, form 9 "snowballs" 5cm apart on each of 2 baking sheets. Bake snowballs 12 to 15 mins, until lightly golden. Remove from oven and garnish each snowball with half a cherry and a couple of slivered almonds. Transfer to a rack or serving plate to cool.
- Almond snowball cookies
- Berries with almond cream and amare...
- Pumpkin Pie with Almond Spiced Whip...
- Easiest ever baked stuffed apples
- Eggnog-Panettone bread pudding
- Love birds - chicken in pastry
- Spinach salad on garlic croutons
- Orange scented mashed sweet potatoe...
- Mashed potato skins
- Spring chicken roll-ups with lemon....
- Balsamic soaked streaky bacon wrapp...
- Gorgonzola spinach artichoke dip