Made this? How was it?
- 280g elbow macaroni, cooked, rinsed, and drained
- 35g celery
- 25g minced red onion, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes, drained
- 5g minced flat-leaf parsley
- 75g vine-ripened tomato (optional)
- 120g prepared mayonnaise
- 3/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 25ml cider vinegar
- 35g sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make American macaroni salad
1) In a large bowl combine the macaroni, celery, onion, parsley and tomato, if using. In a small bowl,together the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, sour cream and salt. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve. Store covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.