1) Soak ancho chilli in 225 ml of hot water for 30 minutes.
2) Preheat grill to medium-high.
3) Place ancho chilli and soaking water, garlic, honey, and salt in a blender. Cover and puree until smooth.
4) Place quail, breast side down, on preheated grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until skin is browned. Turn quail over and baste generously with pureed sauce. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
5) Place quail on a cooler part of grill until finished cooking. Turn quail and baste after 1 minute, then turn over and baste again. The quail is finished when its juices run clear.