- 1 lb 90% minced beef
- 0.75 fresh coriander
- 0.50 red onions
- 0.25 scallions
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 0.50 teaspoon dried oregano
- 0.50 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 0.33 reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chiles in adobo
- 0.50 monterey jack cheese
- 4 whole wheat roll
- 2 anaheim chilli
- 2 poblano pepper
- 1 green cabbage
- 4 tomato
- 4 red onion
How to make "fajita" Burgers
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Place beef, 1/4 cup cilantro, onion, scallions, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, pepper and salt in a large bowl.
- Gently combine, without overmixing, until evenly incorporated.
- Form into 4 equal patties, about 1/2 inch thick and oval-shaped to match the rolls.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup cilantro, mayonnaise, lime juice and chipotle in a small bowl.
- Peel the roasted peppers, halve lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Oil the grill rack with a folded paper and tongs.
- Grill the burgers until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 165°F, about 6 minutes per side.
- Top with cheese and cook until it is melted, about 1 minute more.
- Assemble the burgers on toasted rolls with the chipotle mayonnaise, half a roasted pepper, cabbage, tomato and onion.
- **Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce are smoked jalapeños packed in a flavorful sauce. Look for the small cans with the Mexican foods in large supermarkets. Once opened, they'll keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer. You c
- TO OVEN ROAST PEPPERS:.
- Preheat oven to 450°F; place a wire rack on a large baking sheet & arrange whole bell peppers on the rack.
- Roast peppers in the center of the oven, turning occasionally with tongs, until blackened in places, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer the peppers to a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap; let steam for 10 minutes then uncover and let cool.
- With a paring knife, remove stems, skins and seeds.
- If serving as antipasto, combine accumulated juices with peppers.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Killer inside-out burger with Worce...
- Latin burgers with caramelised onio...
- Hamburger with Cheddar Cheese and H...
- Southern pimento cheeseburgers
- Northern Italian trattoria burger
- Streaky bacon, onion and cheese stu...
- Autumn harvest burger with carameli...
- Green chilli cheeseburgers
- The ultimate BLT burgers with honey...
- 3-way onion burger with applewood s...
- Casino El Camino: Amarillo burger
- The DDD burger