Recipe by: Andy Bates
Age Restricted Content
- 150g ground almonds
- 150g caster sugar
- 75g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 whole eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 rind of lemon
- 3 tbsp raspberry jam
For the shortcrust pastry:
- 225g plain flour
How to make Bakewell Tart
1. Make the shortcrust pastry and rest in fridge.
2. Roll the tart and blind bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, spread with the raspberry jam.
3. In a bowl, cream the sugar anduntil white and fluffy. Add ground almonds, eggs, self raising flour, almond essence, baking powder and lemon rind.
4. Pour into pastry case and bake 180°C for 15 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes scatter over the flaked almonds and return to the oven for a further 12-15 minutes.