1) Heat 2 tsps vegetable oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook 5 minutes, until browned, breaking up the meat as it cooks.
2) Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover and simmer 20 minutes.
For the bread bowls:
1) Divide dough into 4 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball. Place balls on prepared baking sheet, top with shredded cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
2) Remove from oven and when cool enough to handle, cut a small portion from the top of each ball (reserve cut-out piece for another use). Press into the center, making a bowl for the chili.
3) Spoon in chili into the bread bowls and top with desired toppings.
*To make chili in slow cooker, optional:
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and mix well. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or on LOW for 8 hours.