Made this? How was it?
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic,
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (425g) tin crushed tomatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (325g) box fish fingers (18 sticks)
- 100g Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 150g shredded provolone cheese, divided
- Shredded basil, about 10 leaves
- 6 pita breads
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 roasted red peppers, drained, pat dry and
- 1 small jar marinated mushrooms, drained and
- 1 tin artichoke hearts in water, drained, quartered
- 50g pitted good quality olives
How to make Antip-achos Italian nachos and fish stick parm
1) Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas 7.
2) Heat a small sauce pot over with oil over medium heat. Add garlic and crushed pepper flakes and cook 1 to 2 mins. Stir in tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Simmer a few minutes.
3) Arrange the fish sticks in a baking dish and pour half the sauce over the fish - reserve the rest to pass at the dinner table. Scatter 125ml provolone cheese and the Parmesan over the fish and bake 18 minutes until fish is crispy and cheese has melted. Garnish with lots of fresh shredded basil.
4) While fish bakes, cut the pita breads into wedges, 6 per pita, using a knife or kitchen scissors. Scatter the pita on a baking sheet, spray the bread wedges with olive oil cooking spray and season with garlic powder and dried oregano and bake 10 to 12 mins until crisp.
5) Remove pita chips and cover with roasted red peppers, mushrooms, artichokes, olives and remaining 125ml provolone cheese. Place the nachos back in the oven 5 mins to melt cheese then serve.
- Lemon-pepper ricotta spread
- Chicken parm meatball subs
- Chunky puttanesca crostini
- Pecorino bites with spring onion
- Love birds - chicken in pastry
- Parmesan crisps with pancetta and p...
- Chicken souvlaki sticks with yoghur...
- Fruit-stacked sticks
- Smoked salmon pizza
- Brussels tartine
- Crunchy monkey peanut butter-banana...
- Chicken parm salad subs