For the apple cranberry bread pudding:
1) Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4. Grease an 28 by 33cm baking dish with room temperature butter.
2) Place cubed challa bread in the baking dish. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl, combine diced apples with lemon juice, brown sugar and cranberries. Pour over bread.
4) In a large bowl, whisk together single cream, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Pour custard over bread. Allow to saturate for a few mins.
5) Bake for 40 mins until pudding sets. Serve with whipped cream.
For the whipped cream:
1) Place a medium bowl in the freezer for 1 hr before whipping cream.
2) Add double cream to chilled bowl and whip with a hand mixer. Add liqueur and icing sugar and combine well.
*Cook's Note: this is the correct amount.