1) Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5. Lightly butter 6 (175ml) ramekins.
2) Whisk the oats, flour, brown sugar, pecans, and salt in a medium bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingertips until it is in even, pea-size pieces. Peel, core, and coarsely chop the apples and divide evenly among the ramekins. Scatter the crisp topping evenly over the fruit in each ramekin.
3) Transfer the ramekins to a baking sheet and cook until the fruit bubbles around the sides and the top is golden, about 30 mins.
4) Preheat a broiler. Place the crisps about 10cm from the broiler and cook until golden brown, about 30 secs. Let cool about 15 mins before serving. Serve warm with whipped cream, if using.
5) In our diabetic-friendly desserts, we use small amounts of sweeteners in accordance with guidelines set up by the American Diabetic Association. As with all sweets, moderation is important.