1) Heat the griddle to medium.
2) Place apples in a medium bowl and toss with the oil. Place the apples on the griddle, cut-side down and griddle until nicely browned. Flip the apples over and continue to cook until nicely browned on skin side. Remove from the griddle and allow to cool briefly.
3) Once they are cool enough to handle, core and cut the apples into wedges. Place the apple wedges into a bowl and toss with 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, half the light brown sugar and half the melted butter.
4) In another bowl, toss together the remaining melted butter, cinnamon, light brown sugar and the granola.
5) Place 1 large scoop of ice cream into 4 bowls and top with the apple mixture. Sprinkle the granola mixture over the top of the apple and drizzle with some of the caramel sauce, if using.