2) In a large mixing bowl, beat together the egg and milk on low speed. Stir in the dry ingredients.
3) Peel, core and chop the apples. Toss the apples and dates with lemon juice and fold into the batter.
4) Heat the oil to 185C in an electric skillet (oil should be 0.5cm deep).
5) Drop batter by heaping spoonfuls into the hot oil, patting each fritter down a bit. Fry until golden brown on each side, about 3 mins. Drain on a paper towels (keep the fritters warm) and repeat until all batter has been used.
Lemon curd cream:
1) Whisk together the cream, lemon curd and sugar until slightly thick.
2) To serve, arrange the fritters on a heated platter, drizzle with lemon curd cream, and sprinkle with candied ginger.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore we cannot make representation as to the results.