Made this? How was it?
- 2 tbsp unsalted , plus 6 tbsp cubed and chilled
- 3 large Gala apples, peeled, cored and into 1/2cm pieces
- 1 heaped tsp ground cinnamon
- 150g sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 8 lychees, canned in syrup, syrup reserved
- 350g raspberries
- 120g plain flour
- 100g sugar
For the Strawberry Sauce:
- 300g strawberries, hulled and
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 60ml reserved lychee syrup
- Good-quality vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
How to make Apple, Lychee, and Raspberry Crumble
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Heat a wok over high heat and melt two tablespoons of. Add the apples and stir-fry for one minute. Add the cinnamon and sugar and stir-fry the apples until caramelized, about two minutes. Add the lychees and raspberries, stirring carefully. Remove from heat and divide between four 180ml ramekins.
In a medium bowl, rub together the, flour and half the sugar until crumbly.
Sprinkle generously over the fruit to cover. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbling and topping is golden brown.
While crumble cooks, add the sauce ingredients to a small wok or saute pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the mixture becomes thickened and reduces slightly, about five minutes.
When crumble is cooked, top with scoops of vanilla ice cream, the strawberry sauce and garnish with a sprig of mint.
- Fruit Salad with Star Anise Syrup
- Lemongrass-Lychee Champagne Cocktai...
- Lychee Mojito
- Vegetable Lettuce Wraps ('Sin Cai B...
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Chicken and black bean stir-fry
- Sweet and Sour Fish Fillets
- Posh Chopped Suey
- Red Curry Chicken Stir-Fry
- Black Bean Mussels with Chinese Be....
- Oyster Sauce Chicken with Bok Choy
- Ginger and Mushroom Wined Clams