- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1.50 unsweetened applesauce
- 2 all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 0.50 teaspoon salt
- 0.50 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 0.25 teaspoon nutmeg
- 0.50 pecans
- 0.50 walnuts
- 1 to taste coarse sugar
How to make Applesauce Nut Bread
- No need to preheat the oven, just lightly grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch baking pan (not a 9x5).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, followed by the applesauce.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and spices. By hand, or with a mixer on low speed, beat flour mixture into applesauce mixture. Stir in toasted nuts and pour into prepared pan. Top with coarse sugar, if desired.
- Place pan in a cold oven and turn oven on to 350°F.
- Bake for 80-90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the top of the loaf is browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Caramel apples
- Applesauce with strawberries
- Homemade applesauce
- Applesauce granita with maple yoghu...
- Sweet potato and parsnip latkes wit...
- Apple Doughnuts
- Date Nut Spice Bread
- Haupia macadamia nut bread pudding
- Chicken in a Cashew Nut Sauce
- Apple Nutmeg Pine Nut Cake
- Strawberry Applesauce
- Apple nutmeg pine nut cakes with br...