Made this? How was it?
- 340g dried apricots
- 110g and toasted walnuts
- 60ml honey
- 1 tbsp orange zest, from 1 large orange, plus more for garnish, optional
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 4 sheets frozen pastry, thawed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Special Equipment: a 12-count mini muffin pan
How to make Apricot and Walnut Filo Cups
Special Equipment: a 12-count mini muffin pan
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 190°C / 375°F.
In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the apricots, walnuts, honey, one tablespoon orange zest, orange juice, and cardamom, until the apricots are in 1/4-inch pieces.
Place a sheet of filo pastry on a work surface. Brush the dough with melted butter. Place another sheet of dough on top and brush with melted butter. Repeat with remaining dough and melted butter. Using a sharp knife, trim the pastry into a 12 by 9-inch rectangle. Cut the dough into 12 (3-inch) square pieces. Gently press each piece of dough into the muffin pan. Spoon the apricot filling into the . Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until the pastry is golden. Remove from the oven and let the phyllo cool for 10 minutes. Using a dessert spoon or a small spatula, remove the filo from the pan. Place on a rack and cool completely.
Arrange the phyllo
- Apricot and walnut filo cups
- Heirloom tomato and basil tart
- Spinach salad with orange vinaigret...
- Grilled chicken and avocado napoleo...
- Pear Gorgonzola tart
- Crostata with apples, walnuts and G...
- Sweet couscous with nuts and dried....
- Apricot and nut cookies with Amaret...
- Quick and spicy tomato soup
- Roasted chicken purses
- Escarole and Bean Soup
- Fresh Tomato and Goat Cheese Strata...