Recipe by: Tyler Florence
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, small
- 30g dried apricots, coarsely
- 35g whole almonds toasted, coarsely
- 170g couscous
- 350ml chicken stock, warm
- Pinch lemon zest
- 2 spring onions, green parts only
- 20g fresh mint leaves, roughly
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander leaves, roughly plus leaves for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make Apricot couscous
1) In a medium saucepan add a 2 count of extra-virgin olive oil. Add the red onion, apricots and almonds and saute gently over low heat until translucent and slightly fragrant.
2) Add the couscous then dump in the warm chicken broth. Stir with a fork to combine, add lemon zest and cover. Let sit for 10 mins, then uncover and add the spring onions, mint, and coriander.
3) Fluff again with a fork. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
4) Serve family-style on a large platter and garnish with fresh coriander.