Age Restricted Content
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 4 very thin prosciutto
- 12 (½ cm thick) rustic country bread
- 8 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 (12 oz (340g) ) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 (15 oz (425g) ) tin cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3½ oz (100g) Pecorino Romano
- ¾ oz (20g) coarsely fresh basil leaves
- ¼ oz (3g) lemon zest
- ½ fl oz (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
How to make Artichoke and Bean Crostini
Put an oven rack in the centre of the oven. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
Lay the prosciutto in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 mins until crispy. Set aside to cool for 10 mins.
On another baking sheet, arrange the breadin a single layer. Using a pastry brush, brush the bread with 4 tbsp of the oil. Bake until golden, about 12 to 15 mins.
In a food processor, combine the artichoke hearts, beans, cheese, basil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pulse until the mixture is chunky. With the machine running, slowly add the remaining olive oil. Spoon the artichoke mixture onto the crostini. Crumble the prosciutto and sprinkle on top. Drizzle with oil and serve.