Serves: 8 (120ml) servings
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Drain the artichoke hearts and spinach in a colander, pressing with the back of a large spoon to remove excess liquid. Set aside to drain.
2) In a food processor, pulse the bread to make medium-textured crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a small bowl and set aside.
3) Put the ricotta, zest, thyme, 3/4 tsp salt, and cayenne in the processor and pulse until smooth. Add the artichokes, spinach, and Parmesan; pulse until evenly mixed but chunky. Spray a medium gratin dish with vegetable cooking spray. Transfer the artichoke-spinach mixture to the dish.
4) Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, cook until aromatic and lightly toasted, about 1 min. Stir in the bread crumbs and the remaining 1/4 tsp salt, cook another minute. Spread the crumbs over the artichoke-spinach mixture. Bake the dip until browned and warmed through, about 45 mins. Serve warm.
- Use lemon zest instead of lemon juice to add zing to vegetables - it won't turn them brown
- Frozen artichoke hearts have less than half the calories of the marinated bottled kind.