2) Cut the aubergine in half and scoop out the flesh. Set aubergine halves aside. Cut flesh into bite sized cubes. Chop the tomatoes and slice the garlic.
3) In a large saute pan, heat the oil and add the garlic. When the garlic is golden brown, add the chopped aubergine and saute for 3 minutes. Remove the aubergine and place in a large bowl. To the bowl, add the uncooked tomatoes and capers. Mix until combined.
4) In a baking dish, place the reserved aubergine halves and fill with the aubergine/tomato mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
5) Place baking dish in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
6) Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh basil.