1) Preheat oven to 150C/Gas Mark 2.
2) Cut the aubergine in half and scoop out the flesh. Set aubergine halves aside. Cut flesh into bite sized cubes. Chop the tomatoes and slice the garlic.
3) In a large saute pan, heat the oil and add the garlic. When the garlic is golden brown, add the chopped aubergine and saute for 3 minutes. Remove the aubergine and place in a large bowl. To the bowl, add the uncooked tomatoes and capers. Mix until combined.
4) In a baking dish, place the reserved aubergine halves and fill with the aubergine/tomato mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
5) Place baking dish in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
6) Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh basil.