- 1 tablespoon
- 125 ml sugar
- 1 eggs
- 250 ml self-raising flour
- 60 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
How to make Australian Hasty Pudding
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt butter, add sugar and egg. Beat briskly then add flour, and then milk. Beat to batter consistency.
- Pour golden syrup into a buttered/greased small pie dish (my Granny used an old enamel baking dish that holds about two cups of liquid - it's important the dish is not too shallow and the batter not spread too thinly) and allow to settle, then pour batter
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes. It should have a crisp, golden crust (almost biscuit-like) and a soggy bottom. Spoon straight from pie dish into bowls and serve with ice-cream or cream and a little extra golden syrup.
(Courtesy of Food.com)