- 6 (85g) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 140g seasoned plain flour
- 1 egg
- 240ml double cream
- 240ml olive oil or canola oil
- 12 large raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic (15g), minced
- 6 pepperoncini, small
- 170g streaky bacon
- 180ml rum
- 700ml chicken stock
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 avocado,
How to make Aztec chicken
1) Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot, about 2 mins. Dredge the chicken breasts in seasoned flour. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs and cream and mix well. Place the floured chicken breasts in the egg-cream mixture to coat completely.
2) Add the oil to the skillet and allow to heat up. Allow the excess coating to drain off the chicken breasts and slowly place in the skillet. Cook for 3 to 5 mins or until the chicken turns deep golden brown. Turn the chicken breasts over and cook for another 2 to 4 mins. Place the prawns in the skillet, allowing them to touch the bottom of the skillet. When the prawns are cooked halfway add the garlic, pepperoncini, and bacon, and stir together.
3) Remove skillet from the heat and add the rum. Ignite with a long kitchen match until flames subside. Return the skillet to the heat, pour in the chicken stock and season with salt and pepper. Reduce by 1/3 and then add the avocado. Reduce a little further until it has the consistency of a glaze.
4) To serve place the prawns over the chicken breasts and drizzle the glaze on top.
- Chicken with apple cider sauce
- Sage rubbed pork chops with warm ap...
- Chicken cutlets with orange and roc...
- Pan-fried T-bone steak
- Slimmed down - bison patty melt
- Steaks with peppercorn melange and ...
- Sweet sausages
- Chicken and peaches
- Chicken with artichoke pesto and br...
- Trucker special sandwich with roast...
- Big Mama's kitchen: Oven fried chic...
- Town Talk Diner: Brat burger