Recipe by Ina Garten
- 250g good streaky bacon
- 1 extra large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 10g Dijon mustard
- 2 large garlic cloves,
- 120ml freshly squeezed lemon juice (3 lemons)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 350ml good olive oil
- 50g freshly Parmesan, plus 115g chunk very good Parmesan
- Mesclun greens for 4, washed and spun dry
How to make Baby leaf salad with streaky bacon
1) Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Lay the bacon on a baking sheet, and bake for 20 to 25 mins, or until crisp. Dry on paper towels andinto large pieces.
2) For the dressing, place the egg yolk, mustard, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper into the bowl of a food processor fitted with steel blade. Process until smooth.
3) With the food processor running, slowly pour the olive oil through the feed tube (as though you were making mayonnaise) and process until thick. Add the 50gParmesan and pulse 3 times.
4) Toss the green leaves with enough dressing to moisten well. Divide the greens among 4 plates. With a very sharp knife or a vegetable peeler, shave the Parmesan into large shards and arrange them on the salad. Sprinkle thebacon over the salad and serve.