- 5 egg
- 2 granny smith apple
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1.50 milk
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 0.50 dried cranberries
- 0.50 teaspoon cinnamon
How to make Baked Apple Cranberry French Toast
- In a small sauce pan, cook brown sugar, butter, and syrup until smooth (sugar dissolved and no longer grainy).
- Pour sugar mixture into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place apple slices and dried cranberries over syrup in baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla until completly combined.
- Take 1 inch slices of bread and dip into egg mixture to coat both sides of bread. Then lay in baking dish over apples and cranberries. Repeat with other slices until baking dish is full.
- Pour remaining egg mixture over bread in dish and spread to fill in any places that look "dry".
- Sprinkle a couple more shakes of cinnamon over bread.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Remove, let cool 5-10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares and serve with homemade whip cream.
- NOTE: actual casserole can be made the night before by letting the bread mixture soak overnight and baking it in the morning.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- French toast with caramelised apple...
- French toast with mixed berries
- Surrey's Cafe: Bananas Foster Frenc...
- French Toast with Salted Caramel an...
- French Toast Casserole with Strawbe...
- Bourbon ball french toast
- Challah French toast
- Pain perdu
- French toast
- Baked French toast with blueberries...
- French Toast
- Chicken apple sausage frittata