- 7 ounces gingerbread
- 0.25 crystallized ginger
- 0.33 walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 baking apple
- 0.50 brown sugar
- 1 water
- 1 cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
How to make Baked German Gingerbread Apples
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Crumble Lebkuchen into small pieces and place into a bowl.
- Add crystallized ginger and nuts.
- Melt honey and butter in microwave together and add to bowl.
- Stir to combine and set aside.
- Core the apples without cutting through the base.
- With a knife or melonballer, remove some of the inside of the apple to make room for the filling.
- Place apples in a 12 x 7.5 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Spoon the prepared filling into the opening in the apples, packing it down lightly.
- To prepare syrup, combine honey, brown sugar, water and butter in small saucepan and bring to a boil; keep warm to brush on apples.
- Brush apples liberally with honey syrup and pour remainder around apples.
- Bake uncovered at 375° F for 45 minutes or until the apples are tender, basting occasionally.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Whip cream with powdered sugar.
- Serve apples with a dollop of whipping cream and garnish with slivers of crystallized ginger.
(Courtesy of Food.com)