- 2 lbs cooking apple
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger
- 0.50 teaspoon ground ginger
- 0.50 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 0.33 walnut pieces
- 0.67 old fashioned oats
- 0.67 all-purpose flour
- 0.50 light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 0.13 teaspoon salt
- 0.50 unsalted
- 1 to taste cream
How to make Baked Ginger-Apple Crumble
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter 9-inch square baking pan.
- Toss apples with granulated sugar and both gingers. Add lemon zest and juice and toss again. Spread apples evenly in buttered pan.
- Coarsely chop nuts and mix with oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in mixing bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles very coarse crumbs. (Or coarsely chop nuts in food processor. Add dry ingredients and pulse several t
- Bake until apples are tender and topping is browned, 45-50 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream.
(Courtesy of Food.com)