- 2 large onion
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 2 tablespoons fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 to taste fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 to taste salt
How to make Baked Herb Yorkshire Pudding from English Fields and Hedgerows
- (Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4, 180'C / 350'F)
- Make the Yorkshire pudding batter: Sift the flour into a large bowl . Break the egg into the centre of the heap of flour. Mix the water and the milk together in a jug. Pour the mixture slowly onto the flour and egg. As you start to pour the water/milk sl
- Once all the ingredients have been beaten together leave to stand, covered by a cloth, for 40 minutes or so.
- Peel the onions, then boil them in water until they are soft. Allow them to cool and chop them into small pieces.
- Put the chopped onions into a large bowl. Add the sage, parsley or mint, bread crumbs, black pepper and salt. (Pepper and salt to taste). Blend together the mixture.
- Now slowly blend in the Yorkshire pudding batter making sure that all is well mixed.
- Heat the dripping in an oven proof dish or roasting tray and pour over the herby batter mixture.
- Bake in the centre of the pre-heated oven for 40 minutes until golden brown and well risen.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Yorkshire puddings
- Rare Roast Beef and Yorkshire Puddi...
- Yorkshire Puddings
- Caramel Croissant Pudding
- Yorkshire pudding with roast
- Roast lamb and Yorkshire pudding
- Individual Yorkshire puddings with....
- Banana Walnut Bread & Butter Puddin...
- English pea salad
- Upside-Down Pineapple Sponge Puddin...
- Chocolate pear pudding
- Chocolate bread pudding with rum to...