Made this? How was it?
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp water
- 25g plain flour
- 100g golden breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (125–150g) frozen fillets wild Alaska Pacific cod, thawed
- Lemon wedges, to serve
How to make Baked Wild Alaska Pacific Cod in Breadcrumbs
1) Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5. Grease two baking sheets with a little vegetable oil.
2) Beat the egg white with 2 tbsp of cold water until lightly foamy. Sprinkle the flour and breadcrumbs onto separate plates, seasoning the flour with salt and pepper.
3) Lightly coat the cod fillets in seasoned flour, then dip them into the egg white. Coat them in breadcrumbs, then arrange on the baking sheets.
4) Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Check that the fish is cooked – the flesh should be opaque and flake easily. Serve with lemon wedges.
Cook's tip: Roast some potato wedges in the oven at the same time as the fish, but remember that they will take about 45 minutes to cook.
- Wild Alaska Pacific cod loins with....
- Wild Alaska salmon, spinach and pas...
- Wild Alaska salmon, carrot and hall...
- Baked stuffed flounder
- Wild Alaska Salmon with Sun-dried T...
- Stuffed mushrooms
- Caramel shortbread and chocolate ex...
- Salmon with lentils
- Risotto nero, fried calamari and wi...
- Steamed langoustine with artichoke....
- Charleston prawn and polenta with b...
- Wild Georgia prawn and crab cake wi...