- 1.33 milk
- 2.25 teaspoons dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 0.67 sugar
- 2 egg
- 5 all-purpose flour
- 1 pinches nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 0.50 unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
How to make Baked Yeast Doughnuts
- Place 1/3 cup of the warm milk in the bowl of an electric mixer. Stir in the yeast and sugar and set aside for five minutes or so to let it proof. Stir the butter into the remaining cup of warm milk and add it to the yeast mixture. With a fork, stir in th
- Transfer the dough to a buttered (or oiled) bowl, cover, put in a warm place, and let rise for an hour or until the dough has roughly doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and roll it out 1/2-inch thick on your floured countertop. With a 2-3 inch cookie cutter, stamp out circles in the dough . Transfer the circles to a parchment-lined baking sheet and stamp out the smaller inner circles using a smaller
- Bake in a 375 degree oven until the bottoms are just golden, 8 to 10 minutes - start checking around 8. While the doughnuts are baking, place the butter in a medium bowl. Place the sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Remove the doughnuts from the oven and let cool for just a minute or two. Dip each one in the melted butter and a quick toss in the sugar bowl. Eat immediately if not sooner.
- Makes 1 1/2 - 2 dozen medium doughnuts.
(Courtesy of Food.com)