Made this? How was it?
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 225g very ripe bananas
- 225g thinly leeks, whites only
- 225g onion
- 110g celery
- 110g carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- Salt and white pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves finely
- 250ml fresh orange juice
- 1L vegetable stock
- 500ml coconut cream
- Skewered griddled prawns, optional
- chives, optional
- Sour cream, optional
How to make Banana-Coconut Soup
1) Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat.
2) Add the bananas, leeks, onion, celery, carrots, garlic and chilli paste. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until caramelised. Stir in the cumin and coriander. Deglaze with the orange juice. Pour in the stock, bring to a boil then lower the heat and simmer for ten minutes.
3) Puree the soup either with a hand immersion blender or in batches in a food processor. Strain into another pot. Stir in the coconut cream and season to taste.
Garnish with skewered griddled prawns,chives and a small dollop of sour cream, if desired.