Recipe by: Danny Boome
More Recipes You May Like
- 1 (410g) tin sweetened condensed milk
- 450g crushed digestive biscuits, about 11 biscuits
- 110g , melted
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 450ml double cream
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 60g dark chocolate,
How to make Banoffee Pie
1. Pour the tin of condensed milk in a medium saucepan and cook over low heat for about 45 minutes stirring frequently. Be careful not to burn as it sticks to the bottom of the pan.
2. Add the crushed biscuits to a food processor. Pour in the meltedand pulse until it sticks together and the digestive biscuits get pulverised. Pour the digestive biscuit mixture into a 23cm spring form pan and press with your hands or a measuring to evenly distribute on the bottom of the pan.
3. Chill to set for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
4. Pour the dulce de leche over the digestive biscuit base. Spread evenly.the peeled bananas and arrange over the top covering the entire surface. the cream until firm and spread over the top. Sprinkle top with cinnamon and chocolate. Serve.