Recipe by Jun Tanaka
- 4 eggs
For the tomato compote:
- 1 onion, finely
- 2 red chillies,
- 1 red pepper, finely
- 1 can (400g) plum tomatoes, drained and
- 100g chorizo,
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Splash of sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander,
For the flat bread:
- 300g strong flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp crushed cumin and coriander seeds
- 100ml water
- 50ml olive oil
How to make BBQ Huevos Rancheros
To make the tomato compote, sweat the onions on a flat griddle with a little olive oil for 5 minutes.Then add the garlic, peppers, chilli and chorizo, and cook for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes. Finally add the vinegar and coriander and keep warm.
Fry the eggs on the griddle with a little olive oil.
To make the flatbreads, add all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the oil and water. Using your hands, slowly bring in the flour mixture in a circular motion.into an elastic dough. Cover with cling film and rest for 1 hour.
Make 100g balls of dough and work in the palm of your hands to make ½ thick flat breads. Place on the bbq and cook for 1-2min on each side.
To serve, place the flatbread on a plate, spoon on the tomato compote, top with the fried egg.
- Rosemary Smoked Mackerel with Horse...
- Huevos rancheros
- Elegant fish pie
- Homely Ocean Pie
- Simple Lamb Casserole with New Pota...
- Velvety fish soup with red mullet
- Chunky fish soup
- Caramelised Pears and Goats' Cheese...
- Scallops with Orange and Ginger But...
- Wild mushroom risotto
- Chargrilled pork chop with peppers
- Rich lamb casserole with baby veget...