Recipe by Tristan Welch
- 150g unsalted
- 4 tbsps golden syrup
- 4 220g canned pineapple rings
- 4 glacé cherries
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 150g self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp milk
How to make BBQ Pineapple Tin Cake
1. You will need a BBQ with a lid. Preheat the BBQ so it's nice and hot with the coals or wood in a pile to the side of the BBQ.
2. Open the pineapple tins, remove the juice and rings and set to one side. Pour the golden syrup into the 4 tins, then place a pineapple ring with a glacé cherry in the middle of each ring. Line the inside of each with baking paper.
3. In a large bowl, cream theand sugar until light. Slowly add the eggs, then fold in the flour, add enough milk to make a smooth consistency. Spoon the mixture into the tins so it is two thirds of the way up.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden on the side opposite from the coals on the BBQ.
Serve warm in the tin with fresh cream lightlyor leave it to cool and serve out of the tin.
- Slow-Roasted Apples and Pears
- Sticky Ribs BBQ'd with Apple, Black...
- Barbecued Alaska Salmon and Wild Ri...
- Whole Mackerel with Orange, Chilli....
- Easy Custard Ice Cream
- Apple Charlotte
- Cambridge burnt cream
- Cinnamon-barbecued peaches
- Rosemary Smoked Mackerel with Horse...
- Spicy Shrimp Kebabs and Papaya Sala...
- Classic Cowboy Steak with Mushrooms...