1) Combine all of the dry ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the honey and water and mix on low for 3 minutes, then medium for 1 minute and then gently fold in the jalapeno chillies. Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl, cover with cling film and a towel, and let rise for 1 hour. Punch the dough down, roll into a ball and let rest for 15 minutes. Punch the dough down again and roll into a ball, then let rest for 30 to 60 minutes.
2) Heat a griddle to medium.
3) Roll the dough into the desired shape, approximately 1 1/2cm thick and coat it with olive oil before putting on the griddle over indirect heat. Cook to the desired level of colour, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
Coat a large saute pan with oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeno chilli and the powders. Briefly saute and then stir in all of the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 to 45 minutes. Cool and puree in a blender. Set aside.
Cook's note: This sauce will keep for 10 days, covered and refrigerated.
Combine all of the coleslaw ingredients in a large bowl and set aside until ready to serve. Add the dressing immediately prior to serving.
Put all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
1) Preheat a charcoal barbecue over high heat.
2) Combine all of the rub ingredients in a bowl and coat the pork liberally with the mixture. Set aside for at least 5 minutes.
3) Sear the pork over hot coals with a little unsoaked hickory. Turn and move the pork to the side of the barbecue plate. Cover the barbecue and cook for about 15 minutes for medium to medium-well done on the ends. Remove the pork to a cutting board and cover loosely with foil, to rest. Chop the pork as desired.
Divide and mound the chopped pork on the flat bread, four pieces for an open-faced sandwich. Top with a generous serving of the coleslaw and drizzle with barbecue sauce.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and, therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.