- 1 lb sugar
- 2 blanched almond
- 6 large egg white
- 0.50 granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons rose water
How to make Beautiful Little Rose Macaroons
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the icing sugar and almonds in a food processor and process until it looks like powder. In a large bowl beat the egg whites until they are stiff but not dry.
- Gradually beat in the granulated sugar until glossy peaks form. Gently fold the ground nut mixture into the egg whites along with the rose water.
- Using a pastry bag with star nozzle, pipe the dough into 1 inch rounds that are placed 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Let the cookies air dry on the sheets, on the counter, until they are no longer glossy, from 15 to 30 minutes. Bake cookies one pan at a time for 10-15 minutes until they appear dry.
- Carefully transfer the parchment paper with the macaroons onto a cooling rack.
- Sometimes I like to flip the macaroons over & brush the bottoms with melted dark chocolate!
(Courtesy of Food.com)